Monday, March 15, 2010

differnt things cont.


I realized I forgot a few other differneces!
The corn is short and fat here with huge white kernels.

In the bathroom at the bus terminal in Villazon I had to reach my hand into a giant plastic barrel and fish out a plastic jug from the water and pour the water into the toilet so it would "flush."

My mom has always told me that soup (the good brothy kind or a stew) is a dieters best friend. Santi always said that brothy soup was for poor people. Argentines only consider a stew like soup worhty of them. Here there is soup served at every meal! Today I got a fried trout for lunch and after I finished the waiter asked if I wanted my sopita. Sure, why not? Turns out sopita means just broth and its common to wash down your meal with it. I chose a lamb broth that was so strong and salty I could only drink about half of it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"The waiter asked if I wanted my sopita. Sure, why not?" Jejejeje
Just catching up on your blog guys... It's saturday morning... Updating morning!... Hope you're still having fun in the jungle! Wanna see pics!!!
Hugs!