Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cutting a Rug - Tango Style

While we do many many things for the last time, on Monday Josh and I made time to something for the very first time. That's right, we went to our very first tango lesson!!! I've been taking Spanish classes with Cristian Castaño, a Spanish and Tango teacher that my friend Camilla recommended. Our last class was on Monday, and after much pressure from him and Camilla I convinced Josh to come with me for a Tango lesson before I had my last Spanish lesson.
The classes are in Cristian's small apartment, but there was more than enough room for Josh to direct me around the floor, and for me to add the fun little flourishes, kicks, and dips that make this dance fun for women and oh so sexy. We learned mostly basics, but I bet you guys will be impressed (I'm envisioning some sort of video for the blog?!?!?!). Cristian was impressed as well, he said we learned really quickly. I was also happily surprised. The only type of couple dancing Josh and I have participated in here has been Salsa and it normally ends in us separating and going off in search of Colombians so that we can get more practice with people who know what they are doing. However, I think Josh and I might be ready to head to Plaza Dorrego to dance a little Tango. Not on the main dance floor of course, but off to the side maybe? I'll let you know how it goes!!!

4 comments:

Ann Behar said...

PLEASE do a video!

Unknown said...

Quiero ese video antes que se vayan!!!
Gaby

Shelley Rolf said...

how fun ! i'm with ann, a video would be fantastic. xoxo

Jindy said...

HACELOOOOO me alegro que hayas asistido a una clase de tango =) Yo voy a aprender más del tango, solo he ido 3 veces. besos a uds! voy a subir las fotos de anoche ahora (las buenas...;) )