Monday, January 4, 2010

One More Time - Visitors


New Years Feast

Whoa, its been a while. Once more and for one last time we were visited by friends from the US, and for two weeks we gallivanted all over the city and spent more money than we had but also had a pretty kick-ass time with Melissa and Rob. I decided to take a break from picture taking since Melissa has a really great new camera, but this decision has backfired because her pictures are huge and my computer/Argentine internet totally can't handle uploading them. I'll see if I can figure out a way to get them up, and if not I'll try to get them on a different website with a link.
As I said they were here for two weeks and in that time they saw pretty much everything worth seeing here. We hit up museums, we brought in the New Year with fireworks and champagne, we walked around various neighborhoods, we ate shameful amounts of meat and made up for it with unimaginable amounts of maté, and we took a quick trip to Rosario to check out Argentina's third largest city (to be cont. in a separate post). There was little time to do anything let alone blog, and I can't remember it all, but it was kinda nice to be forced to see all of this amazing city one last time before we depart in one month's time.
Now that they are gone we are focusing on saving money, spending quality time with friends, and getting in shape for our upcoming adventures. Oh, and maybe we'll try to plan some of those adventures soon too.
Thanks Melissa and Rob for bringing awesome stuff from the States that we can't get here (bourbon and s'more materials were so key!!) and for being so fun to hang out with!
To everyone else, I'm back on the map and I'll be on Skype. I'd love to catch up with everyone else's live asap!

No comments: