Sunday, December 6, 2009

Life After Patrick

Its been a long week since Patrick left, and I've been trying to catch up on sleep and work. I lost two students this week as well, which is sad but that's life. I don't think it was because of my teaching so that's good. When the weekend finally came we headed to Camilla's for supper and made a night of it. Josh and Fani and I spent Saturday in the living room watching Mad Men and finally we finished with the amazing "Adventure Land." I HIGHLY recommend it. Its the romanticized tale of a college graduate whose plans for a European adventure are dashed by his father's alcoholic failures. Instead he gets a job at the local theme park and falls in love.
Now back to my all too real life...
Josh and I sold chocolate chip cookies and banana bread in the market today and made about 70 pesos after cost!!! He was a pretty good assistant and we had fun walking up and down Defensa. Afterwords we headed to our teammate's recital. I always knew Milagros was an opera singer, but I'd never gotten to hear her perform so I was pretty excited when I found out the recital was in San Telmo and free!!! The performance was fantastic, and while I don't know much about opera, I was very impressed. I was also impressed by the number of people who showed up for her. Frisbee people made up around half the attendees. Afterwords we all headed to Nonna Bianca for the Merienda (tea time) and now we are back at home making pizza. Tuesday is the Day of the Virgin so the offices are closed and we've been invited to one of my student's mother's home for a party tomorrow!!! I've been told there will be Karaoke...I'll keep you posted.

No comments: